Place a hard page return

Does anyone know a trick to placing a hard page return so that when a page is printed the text following the hard return automatically goes to a new page? Like CTRL+ENTER in Word and other programs. I have searched every for a way to do this.

Hi Reed,

Could you elaborate on what it is that you are printing? A cell in a table, a table, a page? Where in the process should the hard return be placed?

Regards
Piet

Piet,

Here was my response to a Coda employee via chat:

One of the main reasons I switched from Notion to Coda was because of the ability to print pages with just a few clicks. Coda is so much better, but there still his a big gap between Coda and a full fledged word processor. I know it is not meant to be that, but a hard page break would be nice.

I use Coda, among other things, for my side business as in expert witness in hematology/oncology (blood and cancer). I have 3 databases (tables) for this – one of cases, one of attorneys, and one of law firms; they are all linked together. Your help section and videos helped immensely with this. For each case there is a page too. As I review a case, I take notes on the page for a timeline, my thoughts as I proceed through the case, and references. At the end I need to write a report to send to the attorney. This needs to look great as it may end up in court, and I need to look good to my client and the attorney’s client.

Currently, I copy and paste all the information into Word in order to format it and print the report. If I had a hard page break, I could just start the report below all of my notes, press control P and print, starting with the page after the hard page break. Easy as pie. This is a 2 out of 4 need, I guess. I can keep cutting and pasting into Word, I could create a sub page of a sub page for the report and use a split screen approach to work with my notes and my report at the same time. Maybe that would be superior, but still sometimes in a document you want to start a new section on a new page. It seems like it would be pretty easy to do, given all of the other magical stuff you guys have created.

-Reed

hi, an available pack may be nice for your use case. I attach the links.

Good day

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.