Plain text text field? How do eliminate formatting in the text field?

How do I make a text field only do plain text?

When I paste text from a web page I always need to consciously do Command+Shift+V to ensure that the text does not take the original formatting of the source.

Is there a setting to force the text field to be just plain text?

Hey Ed, thanks for reaching out! This is the only way for now. I’m not sure how it would work to have a setting to force text into plain text, since you’d still have to hit CMD+V. The only way I can think of would be to have another column look at the first and run formulas on it, but I’m at a loss as to which formulas would work for that. E.g. ToText() strips row references and hyperlinks, but it wouldn’t affect the format of the text itself. Apologies for the inconvenience there.

If you still have questions on this, do you mind telling us a little bit more about your use case?

My use case is that I’d like to paste an address into the text field. If the text field was a plain text field then it would loose all its formatting automatically. I’d like the data to appear uniform and not have some addresses be bold and large font and others be normal sized.

Gotcha, yeah CMD+Shift+V would be your best bet. Let us know if you have any other questions!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.