Please allow us to delete shared docs and better file organisation

Hi

These requests are a MUST and my OCD is going crazy over these issues, even writing this email is getting me worked up.

1. Please let us have the ability to delete shared docs, if someone shares a doc with us and we no longer need it, let us delete it off our docs list.

2. Give us the ability to choose our docs storage location, currently it’s in My Drive on my google drive folder but they’re mixed in with everything else, let me have a coda folder PLEASE!

16 Likes

Yes please, at least the option to delete shared docs or hide them

Juanmata, I’m with you on improved file organization. There are feature requests dating back to October 2018 on this (Dashboard organization) and I suspect even older ones as well.

As for the storage location, although you can’t specify it from within the Coda interface, you CAN move all your Coda docs into a different Google Drive folder (or folders). I don’t personally find that super helpful, but it is possible.

JB

1 Like

Thank @John_Beaudoin_Jack

I’ll try that

Solution [update] just work for some sharing setting cases
Guys, I’m so happy found a way to “delete shared docs”

• click the 3 dots
  • click share
  • deactivate option “any one have a link can view”
  • after that, you remove your self from the shared list, you won’t be able to access it and you won’t see them on your docs dashboard.

Good luck!

6 Likes

Yes! I can’t stand all the dead shared docs! Maybe create a way to default the coda docs page to the “Created by Me” section!

3 Likes

+1 Yes, it is very distracting seeing these docs. And then every time I am going through my list of docs, and wondering what a doc is, so I click it, and it’s one I don’t want anymore, but now it’s at the top of my list again … very frustrating.

3 Likes

Hi all!

Keep an eye out for a new “hide” feature launching in the next day or so:

This should address your first suggestion @Juanmata .

Stay tuned for #2 :slight_smile:

Betty

3 Likes