Printing a Detail View prints several extra blank pages

Hello everyone! I’ve slowly been getting adoption of a Coda document that I put together to serve as a digital back-end for a manufacturing kanban inventory management system. The system relies on printing physical cards for each of your items that have information about the item on them as well as a QR code that links you back to the item’s Coda row. From there, you can trigger various actions to place orders by clicking context-dependent buttons that show up in that item’s detail view.

The system relies very heavily on these physical, printed cards. Right now, I’m generating them using a canvas column and the format() function. When you print, you open the row using the Print view, which only has the canvas column visible, so you can click the three-dot ellipsis in the detail view and print just the content of the canvas column, which has the formatted, color-coded card containing all of the information you need. You can check out a published demo at https://demo.arda.cards.

This is working great, except whenever I try to print a card from the item’s Print Format Detail View, Coda always prints some number of additional blank pages along with the card. I’ve tried using the trim() function and scoured these formulas for anything that could be creating the extra space necessitating additional pages but I can’t find anything for the life of me! Has anyone else encountered something like this? Is there a fix?

Yes, I have encountered that at random moments. To the best of my knowledge there is no fix, other than contacting support and if they can’t help you, file a bug.

Thanks for reaching out to let us know about this issue. This sounds like it might be related to a known bug the Coda team has identified. That said, we have moved this post to the Suggestion Box: Bugs section of the Community and somebody from the Coda team will be following up with any updates on this issue. Thanks for hanging in there!