Protect application from accidental breakage

Hi all,

I’ve been working on a Coda application to be used by a team of people and I’ve been having a lot of success. I’ve tried a number of similar tools and none of them have been both flexible and easy to use like Coda. I’m only a couple of days in and I’ve already made a huge amount of progress, which is great stuff.

As I prepare to release the application for use at some point I need to lock it down such that people can make DML changes - e.g. add/update/delete data in the application, but not make DDL changes e.g. accidentally delete a table or part of the application logic, break a complex formula, mess up colour coding etc.

I don’t see the ability to do this right now. I can either let people view the page only, or do anything they want to it, with nothing in between.

Apologies if this is already covered. I saw a request to lock down rows in a table not a request to lock down the application itself. Also apologies if this is already possible - I’m still very new. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Just wanted to second this need. I have had the same - massive success with big teams using Coda, and Access control restriction is critical and coming up some day. I’m sure its one of the top requests.

2 Likes

hey guys, good point! just a heads up, before submitting a new request in this form, please make sure that this hasn’t been already covered and vote or add detail to that topic… (search function can help :slight_smile: )

here ==> Granular Permissions

you’ll find a similar topic… and it’s only a few rows under this one :slight_smile:

Hi, I saw that thread but it’s a different use case to what I’m describing. My concern is to prevent accidental breakage of the application as opposed to security of data (though that’s also a good idea!) Thanks.

2 Likes