Pull a specific range of dates from a lookup table to add to a control box

What I am trying to do is filter a table from a control box with a specific set of date ranges. I thought I might be able to setup a lookup table that has the date ranges and pull from that, but I haven’t been able to figure out how to make that work. For example we work within a fiscal year that runs from 7/1 of one year to 6/30 of the following year. I want to be able to filter by the fiscal year without having to select the starting and ending date every time. I setup a table that has a Start Date column and and End Date column with the dates for several fiscal years and was hoping I could use those two columns to select my date range.

Does anybody know how to make this work or have a better suggestion?

I’m not sure if it can help (not knowing how your tables are built) but have you simply try something like this (using Interactive filters) :

Thank you for responding.

I added two tables to the test environment you shared with me. Table 1 is just a small sampling of the type of data in the table I am working with.

Hopefully, this better explains what I am looking for.

I’m sorry but you’ll need to share your “dummy doc/mockup doc” (showing us your current situation, without sensible info) here :wink: : the doc I shared doesn’t save changes made by other users.

Not realizing how it was shared, I lost all my work. I will have to redo it.

So how do I share my Coda doc with you? I tried sharing to coda1@discoursemail.com and I get this error message.

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 9.56.51 AM.png

You can share your doc here, in the community, simply by following the instructions you’ll find in this Coda Help :wink: , either by link or embed :slightly_smiling_face:

Here you go:

https://coda.io/d/Example_dCTF0WBl9KM/_sufEB

1 Like

@Jennifer_Biggs : I took a look at your doc and made few modifications but as I’m unsure if you’ll be able to see them, I’ve reproduced them in the following doc :slight_smile:

Hope this is what you were looking for :wink:

4 Likes