Retrieve information from Coda-AI generated text

We use Coda-AI to generate some text in column of a Table “A”, and want to use the information from the Coda-AI generated text to do some calculation in a column of a different Table “B”. How do I retrieve information from Coda-AI generated text to use in another Coda table? Thanks.

Hi @Katon_P and welcome to the Coda-Community.

Is it possible to share your doc? I’m not sure what you are trying to accomplish…

Sincerely
Jannis

Hi @Jannis

My team created the template for this. Feel free to check it out.

Feel free to give us any feedback.

Thanks
Katon

Hi @Katon_P,

thanks for sharing. Can you describe what you are trying to accomplish and where you are not coming further?

Sincerely,
Jannis

Hi @Jannis,

We were trying to obtain the ingredients and quantities information from the Coda-AI generated text from the column canvas Recipe (from AI-Generated Meals table under Recipe Recommendations), to reduce the quantities we had from inventory (from column Quantity from Inventory of Ingredients table under My Food Inventory), as the user cooked the meal.

We were able to extract the ingredients and quantities information from “Recipe” to a separate column using Coda-AI, but we were not able to reduce the quantities from the column “Quantity” with the extracted information. We tried many different prompts and methods with additional columns, but we were not able to reduce the corresponding quantities of the ingredients shown on the recipe. Either it was not able to do math, or it was not able get the correct information from the list (only the quantity that is from the same ingredient’s name).

Thanks
Katon

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.