Safari beta access & a few other browsers

Hey everyone

Until now, Coda has worked only in Chrome and we’ve heard from a lot of people who want to use it on other browsers.

We’ve been working on support for more browsers and have some (early) news to share: Coda now works on all Chromium-based browsers. This includes Microsoft Edge Beta, Opera, Brave, Vivaldi and some other browsers. Anyone can now just log in from any of these browsers.

We’re also actively working on supporting Firefox and Safari. In particular, we’re now ready to let community users test Safari in Beta. Keep in mind, the experience may be buggy and we would appreciate if you can help us by reporting bugs.

If you’re interested in helping us test Coda on Safari, please respond below and we’ll get in touch with instructions.

Stay tuned for more updates!
Angad

14 Likes

Hi we have some people here who would like to try it in Safari

1 Like

Don’t forget the best Chromium - Dissenter Free Speech Browser

1 Like

Hello, yeah I’ll try out the safari beta, thanks

1 Like

Hi, yes I like to test on Safari. Lars

1 Like

Hey guys, how is it going?

I would like to test safari in beta.

thx

1 Like

Hi. I’m definitely in for safari beta, please.

1 Like

Yes please for Safari

2 Likes

I am interested testing Coda on desktop class Safari on iPad Pro.

Joe C

2 Likes

Same as above for the safari beta :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great news :grin: !

I’ll patiently wait for Firefox :yum:, but while waiting, I would also like to try the Safari beta :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, I’ll reach out individually to each of you with instructions.
To clarify, this is for Safari on desktop, Safari on mobile already works. Bringing desktop functionality on iPad is on our list but we’re not currently working on that.

1 Like

I’d love to test coda on safari

1 Like

Yes I’d like to test on Safari particularly on my iPad Pro iPadOS

1 Like

Really down to try safari with coda :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d love to help test safari with coda!

1 Like

Great news!! - I would like to help test in Safari :slight_smile:

1 Like

Desktop functionality on iPad will come automatically if you get it working on Safari Desktop, because of iPadOS 13 - (and TBH there is too much that breaks in coda on mobile for us to use it)

1 Like

Hooray!

I have been using Coda on Brave browser for months actually, but I definitely want to test on Safari please.

Now we just a non-google login option!

1 Like

I’d love to test Coda on Safari! :ok_hand:

1 Like