Send HTTP POST Request with Automation

Hello all!

Very new to Coda, and I’m wondering if it’s possible to send a HTTP POST request with an automation. Here is what I’m trying to achieve:

When a specific column is updated in a table → send webhook to trigger automation in Integromat

My first thought was to use the “press button” action in an automation and point it at a button that opens the webhook url. However, that automation fails with this error message “UI actions like “OpenWindow” can’t run on the server”.

Has anyone figured out how to do this within an automation? The only other threads I’ve found on this topic still require you to click the button to send a request.

Hey @Joseph_Abraham, welcome to the Community!

Yeah, you can’t trigger a HTTP request just yet. There’s a few solutions here:

• Custom Packs will launch soon. They can execute server-side API requests. So you’ll be able to write a simple pack to trigger such webhooks from automation, or someone will make one for the Pack Gallery already.

• You can use a different kind of trigger, e.g. an AddRow to a separate table. Then Integromat would listen on new rows to either run the scenario directly or send the HTTP request to trigger that webhook. Or you can just directly listen on column updates with Integromat (IIRC this is now possible)

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @Paul_Danyliuk!

I’m struggling to find a way to listen to column updates directly from Integromat. If this actually isn’t possible I’ll give that AddRow to separate table workaround a try.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.