SetControlValue() for List

Hey guys, I am trying to use a FormulaMap() to SetControlValue() for a list, but SetControlValue() does not understand a CurrentValue as a Control, is there a way to do that?

hi @Guilherme_Salles

something like:

sequence(1,10).ForEach(
SetControlValue("name control",thevalue.Nth(currentvalue) ))

the number 10 is obviously the count of the list you are working on.
does this help?
cheers, Christiaan

2 Likes

Not sure, actually. Looks like your solution is for looping for one Control, right? What I am trying to do is to create a Button that reset many many controls to Blank (“”) value. My formula inside the button today is:

RunActions (
SetControlValue(“control number 1”, “”),
SetControlValue(“control number 2”, “”),
SetControlValue(“control number 3”, “”),
… and more
)

Not sure if I was more clear now.

Yeah I thought it would work if they were in a list (either defined in your formula, or in a named formula elsewhere in the doc), but I see the same thing where they don’t reference the control (instead they just reference the control’s value).

E.g. this doesn’t work

List(
  [Control number 1],
  [Control number 2],
  [Control number 3]
).FormulaMap(
  SetControlValue(currentValue, "")
)

If you have a list of controls like that (presumably all with similar properties and related purpose) why not use a table instead? Then you can FormulaMap over the table and ModifyRows.

this is indeed a different use case, but I don’t see the problem you want to solve. This works (your example):

you can replace the SetControlValue() with ResetControlValue(), it is shorter and does only one thing, but still no need for a FormulaMap()

Coda has no function that states: give me a list of all my controllers in this doc and reset them.

cheers, Christiaan

I second @Ryan_Martens2 here, what I’d do is make a table for these inputs, not separate controls.

There are hidden formulas to access controls dynamically in a formula but I wouldn’t recommend it.

I am trying to find the fastest way to do this “cleaning”. I was trying to use FormulaMap() to see if it does that faster. @Paul_Danyliuk not sure If a table would be a better solution since the project needs to be mobile friendly.

hi @Guilherme_Salles , if you have one button that contains all the ResetControl functions, you (or a bot) presses the button once a day (or at night) and off you go. The button does not need a FormulaMap() to run. Your suggestion behind the question in my opinion is that it would be nice to have a kind of master function to reset all controllers (or a sub set of all). However this is not what we have today.; cheers, Christiaan

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.