Sharing and editing without a login

I vote this as well. This is a pain for me since some app have internal browser in which google doesnt support login. Thus, could n’t edit on the browser.

if Coda could do this, i am willing to pay extra for public

For some reason, the first time I published a public doc I assumed it would act just like other publicly available links out there. It was later that I found out from our partners that they had to create accounts, and for some that was not allowed by the company IT policy

Quite odd that we don’t see anyone from Coda jumping on this thread :frowning:

1 Like

This is really a big limitation. I understand that coda wants to attract new users, but maybe you should at least allow editors to edit document without a login for a certain time (e.g. 30 days). At least for urgent things this would help!

1 Like

I’ve just spent couple of hours creating a kid’s wish list thinking that my family members will be able to edit (click buttons) the published doc without having to create account. Boy, was I wrong! :triumph:

1 Like

Ugh, just finished building a tool I was trying to essentially white label to a community of folks when I ran into this and is a total deal breaker. What platforms have folks moved to instead that allows for this?

1 Like

I work at Canon, and just today I introduced one of my team members to a Project Management doc I created for my team.

I would LOVE to get my company to adopt using Coda vs what we’re using now, but I could hear the resistance in their voice, along with them stating others would not want to log-in.

I clicked allow anyone w/link to edit but no joy…

Being able to publish a link, use it for the meeting and then cancel the link (or have it expire after a specified time) would be a great way for me to introduce Coda’s capabilities to new people!

Edit: I may have got by (to a good degree) if I the meeting lead signed in and made the edits to the task list, but, unfortunately the viewers don’t get a automatic refresh when tasks are edited or moved on/off the list. :frowning: