Shortcut to Hide and Unhide Columns

One of the most commonly tedious things in Coda is duplicating a view and then customizing it by hiding and revealing columns. It would be great if there was as shortcut to unhide all the columns, and a shortcut to hide whatever column is selected. This would be a huge productivity booster! :rocket:

11 Likes

Bump.

Being able to quickly show/hide all columns in a table or view is really useful.

When I am working on a new feature or troubleshooting an issue, I like to create a new view of the table with only the columns relevant to the feature/issue. I would like to be able to quickly hide all columns at once, and then manually show just the few columns that I am interested in.

1 Like

+1 this would save a lot of time when dropping in multiple 20+ plus column sheets

+1 it’s waaaay too tedious

YES! I need to easily hide/unhide/show columns easily, ideally for specific users, using a button or checkbox and more. I have hundreds of columns in some things I have trouble removing in some views.

I know that I’m late to the party but having to manually hide a bunch of columns individually is definitely something that has been annoying me for a long time. It could even be a “select all/unselect all” option as with the filters to start with.

i suggest an „preset“-option for tables, to load an saved view of an table !

Uh, does this solve the need? You can shift-click to select a range of columns and then hide them all at once:

2024-02-25-02-38-04-SCREEN-ezgif.com-optimize

2 Likes

P.S. This topic made it to my latest video :wink:

1 Like

Shift + Select + Hide does half the trick. Unhiding is a different story. But if I keep one table with all columns visible (usually the main table), then it’s mostly hiding the unnecessary.