Showing only the unique rows in a table without repeats

I am trying to list the elements in a table, but I’m having a problem. I want to only list each Unique Unit Name once. I have a key row that has a double listing and I only want a single list from the double list. I want it to only look like this:

But instead I get this:

I understand it is because I am taking from a table that looks like this:

But I want to know how I could list only one of the two rows that refer to the same Unique Unit Name (I’ve tried .Unique() it didn’t work). It’s like I need .Unique() for existing rows in tables.

2 Likes

Try this filter -
thisTable.Filter([Unique Unit Name]=thisRow.[Unique Unit Name]).First()=thisRow

8 Likes

Ah, brilliant, just what I needed. Would be nice if there were a more intuitive way to do that, it seems like I often find myself trying to compress a table with many-to-one attributes into a table of just the one attribute.

I’m going to adda couple of additional keywords so that others can find this solution.

Thanks @cnr - please do add the keywords. I have added this to our formula asks backlog.

1 Like

This is Awesome and works perfectly to identify duplicates and I have it working fine in a conditional format, but I was wondering if you know how to put that formula on a Button to remove duplicate rows? I just keep getting all rows deleted when I try.

1 Like

Hi @Paul_Hitchenson - can you create a new thread for Buttons deleting duplicate rows :slight_smile:

Done, link below :slightly_smiling_face:

Can someone please help me figure out how to keep the numbers from erasing themselves when I chcange their rank value?

Dear @Curtis_Smith,

First of all, I suggest to start with a new post, to have a bigger chance to find some support in the community.

Secondly, take all away that is not part of the problem that you try to solve, just to focus on your expected outcome. (It’s not easy for an outsider to get through your business logic and it lowers the chance finding somebody willing to invest their time) .

:bulb:

Just some quick thought, not sure if I am right and that’s also not important:

1. I can imagine that for each position you will have a different set of top 5 skills necessary to become a potential candidate. This policy needs to be set at first!

2. The hiring commitee exists of more members, maybe depends also on position. Each hiring commitee member gives a top 5 ranking and the average will give a final outcome. It could even be that skills 1 to 3 have a 80% weight and 4 15% and 5 - 5%.

3. When the scores are set this data needs to be moved to another table for calculations and preserving history for later references.