Skip next step if a condition is satisfied in the first step

Can we ensure that the next step is skipped if a condition is satisfied in the first step in an automation ?

I have for example
Step 1 : If(publications.Filter(publications.URL.Contains(thisRow.[Step 1 Result].URL)).Count()>1, DeleteRows(thisRow.[Step 1 Result]), _Noop())

Step 2 : ModifyRows(…

If the row is not deleted in the first step it moves to step 2 and modifies the row normal.
But if the row is deleted I don’t won’t to move to the next because it will cause an error.

yes by adding a filter and using indeed the step1, step2, step3 logic

I have for example
Step 1 : If(publications.Filter(publications.URL.Contains(thisRow.[Step 1 Result].URL)).Count()>1, DeleteRows(thisRow.[Step 1 Result]), _Noop())

Step 2 : ModifyRows(…

If the row is not deleted in the first step it moves to step 2 and modifies the row normal.
But if the row is deleted I don’t won’t to move to the next because it will cause an error.

Can you explain more ?

i am short in time, maybe you can start reading this, it explains some basics:

1 Like

You need to use Switchif().
If the first condition is met, the first step is executed and the switchif() finishes.
If the first contition is not met, the second step (actually, the 2nd (or last) switchif() condition will be executed.

Like we always ask: share a sample doc representing your main doc and we it becomes a lot easier to guide you to a solution.

4 Likes