Swimlanes in card view

It would make the card view way more useful if you could group cards on the left side as well as on the top. That way you could have all your projects split out but have all the same states.

22 Likes

thanks for the feedback! I’m adding it to the backlog of features. I think that a swim lane view can still work with a table that is grouping on both the side and top as a work around for now? -Jaime (product manager at Coda)

2 Likes

Yes, that works as long as you don’t have a lot of things to display with each item.

1 Like

Would like to add my vote for Swimlanes. Very useful in prioritizing cards, much easier than the workaround. Thanks!

1 Like

To add to the scope of this request, I think it would be useful if you could define the swimlanes the same way you define left-hand groups on tables - each left-hand group would be a swimlane.

The workaround doesn’t really help here because of the downside to how you interact with it. I.e. at most, you can have one column value of a table record displayed at the intersection of the top-hand grouping and left-hand grouping. A card view is clearly more desirable because, at one intersection, you can show many columns on the card - that’s the key value here, IMO.

4 Likes

Any news about swimlanes in Cards view?

Currently Cards view is very limited for a good Kanban workflow.

I agree with @Thomas_Robbs1 about defining swimlanes as left-hand groups:

Also, more ideas here:

4 Likes

Hi
Coda team, do you have any updates on it? I believe it will be pretty beneficial for Product Operations use-cases
Thanks!

+1 to this being extremely helpful

+1 for a real two-dimensional board

Similar functionality can be achieved with multiple filtered views on the same page, but an actual secondary grouping function would be amazing.

agreed, swimlanes would be great! coda Team, could you please provide an update on this thread

1 Like

This really needs to be a thing. You can do it in Notion, but I can’t time track in Notion. I can time track in Coda, but I can’t see my projects in swim lanes in Coda. My head is starting to spin. Ugh.

Probably the biggest feature I miss from Notion. Hoping this is on the radar!

Can someone share a screenshot? I don’t really get it ^^

Here’s how it works in Notion: https://twitter.com/NotionHQ/status/1450513515844759554?s=20

4 Likes

Strong +1 – is this on the radar?

2 Likes

Another +1 here. I’m surprised this isn’t a thing yet still after several years.

Hopefully the team has it on the roadmap for soon!

1 Like

I am curious. Since grouping by multiple things is possible in the List view, I would think although I am not familiar with how Coda is built, that this should be fairly easily doable in Cards. It would be such a powerful addition to Coda and make the card view SO much more useful.

I’m wondering, could any Codan actually chime in and explain if this is in the plans, or if there’s a particular reason this hasn’t been implemented yet? Seems from this thread that there’s plenty of desire for it!

1 Like

Yes, please add a 2nd layer of grouping to card view so we can have swimlanes. That would be so useful!
It would be great if we could select a top grouping and a left grouping here:

My use case:
Grouping my tasks by value along the top and by project along the left.

1 Like

+1 for this feature
The only remain reason that I can not move from Notion to Coda

3 Likes