Table - Grouped rows - header doesn't stay on page?

Hey @Thomas_Robbs - so sorry for the delay getting back to you!

You actually identified the issue in your original post, which is something we’ve logged as a bug internally - column headers currently do not pin when you have a grouped table. Appreciate your patience as we stack the work to get that fixed, but in the meantime you should be able to see those headers pin for any tables that aren’t grouped.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Evan

2 Likes

Thanks @evan! Glad to know it’s not user error. :slight_smile:

Glad I am not alone. Just started using coda, and couldn’t figure why it was doing that. Hope a fix comes soon, as I have multiple people accessing the document.

1 Like

Any update on this? I am still facing this issue- headers are sticky when not grouping a table, but aren’t when I do group. This is the #1 request I’m hearing from the users on my team, since we’ve got a very large table that requires a lot of scrolling to go check which column they’re in.

Edit: to be more specific, I’m grouping by one column & not sorting, though increasing the group count and adding sort does nothing.

3 Likes

+1 on this, the grouping feature is close to being unusable on large tables because of this

4 Likes

Looking forward to a fix. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any update? Need this fixed!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Rachel_Lowisz, Not fixed yet. but I have raised it again to the team.

4 Likes

@Thomas_Robbs , I assume marking the post by @mallika as a solution was a mistake? Perhaps you might undo that so we can track this bug better? I don’t believe it actually is solved (it’s definitely not for my team).

On the contrary @Ian_Houser, as @mallika seems to be the community’s conduit to the team, she represents the current solution to this problem. :slight_smile:

@evan could steal that from her though! :popcorn:

1 Like

I’m wondering if this issue is being tracked by the coda team internally. I’m happy if it is. I wondered if it got lost or de-prioritized because it is marked as having a solution (though there is no solution.)

Dear @mallika,

Are you able to update this post by taking away “solution”, thank you :rose:

It would be great to double check if this is still in the log file of the appropriate team

It is on our backlog and I have reminded the team about it again. We just have a large backlog to burn through.

3 Likes

And a bump for the road to show that this issue is still alive!
It gave us quite the headache because someone was complaining the table headers weren’t stickying - which we only figured out after discovering that his table was grouped.

Still an issue. Extremely annoying bug. Do you have a timeframe for resolution?

1 Like

This isn’t on the front burner yet, and it’s not a trivial fix. Grouping of tables is not an easy thing to make happen, and making this happen as well will take a pretty decent amount of work.

It’s not forgotten.

1 Like

Pretty significant issue. Is there a timeframe on the fix?

No timeframe on this and it will likely need to be part of a bigger endeavor of updates.

Seeing this issue here as well… couldn’t work out what was going on / why I wasn’t seeing the headings only on some tables - but a quick search on the forum cleared it up for me.
Its a massive issue with some of our tables. I’m trying to de-group, but its tricky given the way one part of our workflow is structured.

Just wanted to add my support for this issue as well. It’s a big drawback on large tables with groups.

For comparison, Airtable doesn’t have this issue (but it has other issues which lead me to prefer Coda, even with this issue).

1 Like