Launched: Headers for Grouped Tables now persist when scrolling

To group or not to group? With today’s update, we hope that’s no longer a question!

Grouping your table data is a powerful way to bring pivot table-like functionality and clarity to your data.

Previously, when you grouped information on a table in Coda, scrolling meant the header row eventually scrolled off the page (unlike ungrouped tables, where the header remains persistent as you scroll through the entire table).

We’ve had a lot of requests to fix this discrepancy, and we’re glad to have uncovered and resolved the underlying technical issues that caused it. Table headers now stay with you while you scroll for all tables ー grouped and ungrouped:

sticky-headers

This also works for more complex cases such as top-grouped tables and tables with multiple levels of grouping:

Give it a shot! And stay tuned as we continue to make tables easier to use and understand for teams in Coda.

43 Likes

Love this

4 Likes

Hallelujah! This has been a longtime request by clients.

9 Likes

Really exciting! This has been a pain point for users in my org and will be a real win for our teams. Thank you coda team!

2 Likes

Finally! Great addition, thanks!

1 Like

Really good one!

I would love if we could add a bit of styling to the groups like text colors and shading.

4 Likes

This is great!

Hopefully column pinning (left groups and/or display value column) is not far away either :wink:

8 Likes

This @Stefan_Stoyanov and this @Paul_Danyliuk
+100 for both of your propositions.

Some people are never pleased :laughing:

1 Like

Please, add “start from monday” option. I’m really confused all the time in choosing dates in datepicker. And im not alone, i found many posts in community about this issue.

3 Likes

This is going to make my teams day!!! Super pumped about this. Sometimes it is the small things that make the biggest difference.

2 Likes

After working with this for a few days, it’s safe to say that this significantly increases the value of Grouping.:+1:

It has eliminated so much friction!!:grin:

5 Likes

OMG - yes! My original feature request (before I joined the team at Coda) just shipped :slight_smile:

9 Likes

It would be nice if the ability to pin the column headers of a table was also available for tables created on a Card Canvas. The lack of this feature for working with tables within a Canvas is currently a show stopper for me.

Dear @alden,

That the table headers are persisting is a great feature, especially when dealing with bigger tables.

Since we have already for a quite long time an option to search in the table, it would be great if it could be made persistent, so I can start searching, even when working at the bottom of the table., without scrolling back to the top.

1 Like

Hi @alden, I am with @Jean_Pierre_Traets on this one.

Has been happening a lot for me with large tables. eg Cant see the Filter/Options/Search features of the table when I am multiple scrolls down (eg 3000 rows).

Am currently working around it by having a temp copy of the page, that I keep at the top - a but clumsy.

Thx for your help.

Dear @Hamish_Mcgregor,

Thanks standing behind my idea :handshake:

:bulb: Do you know that with CTRL and the up arrow, you are navigated to the top row and get access to the menu (like in Excel)

With CTRL down arrow to the bottom of the table