Table text column not showing percentages accurately

Hello! I would like to use a text column in my table to let users input various number or text values, however when they input a percentage it does not always display exactly as entered.

You can see in the screenshot below that it changes some of the percentages to a long string of numbers after the dot. This does not happen with all percentages, but it looks like about half. Is there any way I can get the text column to print the exact value that is entered?

Thanks so much for all you do!

Hello @Heather_Hart

You should be able to limit the number of digits after the decimal point in your formula, but without an embed of your document or at least a representative copy, it is more difficult to see where the problem comes from.

Sincerely,

Thierry

Hi @Thierryvm, thanks for your reply.

Here is an example doc with real metrics added in. We are looking to use a text column so that my team can input number, percentages, or text as necessary, as everyone has a different need.

1 Like

Hello @Heather_Hart

You have to allow the edition of the document :), otherwise impossible to make tests ^^

Best regards,

Thierry

@Thierryvm you should have edit access now.

Hello @Heather_Hart

I hope this is what you are looking for :), if not leave me a comment.

Best regards,

Thierry

Thank you! I will play around with this in my doc. :slight_smile:

Another workaround I considered was having them add a space between the number and % sign so that the table considers it a text entry.

1 Like

At first you just need to add a space :), but in case people forget. We can improve the formula :slight_smile:

Thanks for confirming that the answer meets your needs, so I can help other Codans :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Thierry