Too easy to create new row

My tables always have blank un-filled out rows. To fix this, I use this in my automation (only delete if it was last modified over an hour ago). I run it hourly.
DeleteRows([My Table].Filter(ColumnName.IsBlank() AND thisRow.Modified() < Now() - Duration(0, 1, 0, 0)))

I just started using Coda, and I am often frustrated that this automation needs to exist. It is too easy to add a new row (usually when I am clicking out of an edit or create form, I will be clicking unintentionally on an area that triggers a new row). I was looking at the release posts and how it showed the old way to add a new row and this new way. This new way is better, but maybe needs to limit the add new row functionality to clicking on the text “+ New Row” versus the entire width of that area.

3 Likes

I just added a new blank row again accidently. This time, I was adding a Due date to my last row item, and had to click out of it for the date to take, so clicked right under the row, and this of course added a new row without me wanting it to.

Hello. I’ve found a workaround with this problem turning off “Show add row button” option in Table display settings

3 Likes

Thank you! This still happens in places where I need to keep the add row option, but this is a great solution for the places where I don’t need it.

Hello @N_G!
In the Team Tier and up, there is a feature called Locking and gives you the ability to prevent people from adding rows. If you still need to add rows you can use a button instead, and then you can let people use buttons turning the first option on.

1 Like

If you try this out, you’ll see that even if you remove Add button, there still remains a way to add a row. But now it requires more accurate aiming.

1 Like