I’m really torn between these two.
We’re a very small software company and looking an all-in-one tool to manage the entire business process, company wiki and so on.
I’m evaluating Clickup, Notion and Coda. Clickup looks to be good for bigger teams, good project management and collaboration functions, but lacks on wiki, note taking and data customization so I’m very close to remove it from the list.
I like how Notion and Coda work, however I have a few things that Coda lacks compared to Notion which I really need.
I’m researching this for a month and these 2 things seems to be what’s keeping a lot of people to Notion after looking on reviews, reading discussions and comparisons:
- multiple columns on a page. I want to create multiple columns of content on a page. I know about the details layout option, but that’s for data, I want to structure the content using columns.
- ability to add/link a page inside a row. I know you can add a text field and expand it (big cell), but that’s not good enough. I simply want to click a row and be able to easily add rich, non-database content there like Notion does (there are tons of use cases for this). I see people here are recommending a “Canvas” data type…that would be great. Maybe there will be a “page” data type to link pages and we’ll be able to edit the page on the bottom, just above the comments section.
These 2 are the major things. There are a few more not very important and maybe they can be done already and I don’t know how:
- move sub-page categories anywhere on the page
- a better Kanban display. The card UI it’s not that good, Clickup does a great job on that.
- a view/display button to quickly switch between different views (maybe something like interactive filter but to be able to switch views). I used this a lot when testing Clickup and Notion, sometimes seeing the data differently gives you a better overview and I hate creating another page for a new view.
- create email reminders for specific due dates
Can anyone from the Coda team help me out with this? Are those features in the roadmap?