Understanding SEO with Published Docs

Hello all,

I am looking to creating a simple website/blog as a landing page for a YouTube channel and am very interested in using the Coda Doc publish feature to do so. We already use Coda for all of our project and business management, so it seemed natural to us to pull a website into the mix using Coda. However, I am concerned about SEO as the primary purpose of this website/blog will be to garner traction and searches to then be directed at the channel. To have negative SEO on the website would be counterproductive to its creation.

So far what I have been able to find about these published docs in terms of SEO is very scant. Does anyone have any experience or resources to answer some questions? I would like to know how difficult is it to connect a custom domain and set the URL tail on a doc, how does regular editing effect the published doc (in terms of weekly updates to the blog and/or other gallery style pages), and how does Coda handle the optimization in terms of coding in general in regards to google (ie robot.txt blocking, header and title formats, loading time, etc)?

As a background, I am very used to/comfortable with working on Squarespace sites, and I am familiar with their SEO protocols.

Thank you in advance for any advice or resources!
– Jacqueline

Maybe it doesn’t matter. :wink:

I’ve always had a love-hate relationship with SEO. Mostly hate because any attempt to have a domain be seen as more relevant than any other domain seemed like voodoo to begin with.

My web site is in Coda. It’s only been there for 5 months or so, and it ranks #1 for my company name quoted. There’s a lot of companies with the same name. I’ve taken no steps to “SEO” anything.

Unquoted it also seeMicrosoft to be okay.

1 Like

That’s actually awesome. However, I think if we want to use schema markup, then Coda publish would be a slight limitation.

Let’s be clear - there’s no evidence that schema markup enhances indexed findability.

Certainly, it makes the content look much better if in fact it resonates with a specific search query. My understanding is that schema’s make SERPs better, not indexed relevance. This resonates with my thinking -

Can you imagine the most authoritative site on electric vehicle news being shoved to the back of the room because some clown who believes hydrogen is our future, trumps all others by using schema tags?

There’s no evidence search engines do this because it would provide the perfect heuristic for gaming the results, and that’s not in their (or our) best interests.

But schema markup is also something that Coda could implement for us and with grace and integrated elegance. In my view, Coda should address this by supporting any type of markup that could be injected into the rendered pages. This idea doesn’t come lightly; the term “inject” is deliberately intended to scare everyone. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.