Upload our own icons

we would like to add our own icons to represent certain documents as our flavicons have specific meanings that are not captured in the coda icons. thanks!

20 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion @dion - I have let the product team know about this.

2 Likes

I Highly Upvote This !

1 Like

Yes please do this! That would be so great.

1 Like

I know its not the same as uploading, but @Paul_Danyliuk has a great workaround to expand what is possible: Icons for Teachers in Coda Education

Do this! Please! We need it!

2 Likes

Boosting this, we would love this simple feature.

I’m switching from Notion to Coda and I’m really missing this simple function!
Please do it!

1 Like

+1 Upload custom icons for sections - Suggestion Box - The Coda Community There’s another thread as well

Yes, yes, yes, yes :wink:

@steph I think this post should merge to
Upload custom icons for sections - Suggestion Box - Coda Maker Community

this way, we can unify the voices wishing the same thing.

Linking to this request, which asks for the same thing but has twice as many votes.

Yes, this is absolutely crucial. A very significant advantage that Notion has over Coda. Besides, the icon pack that Coda is using is not in sync with the UI design of Coda. Phosphor Icons or Heroicons are much more in sync. Please add this.

2 Likes

Please enable us to upload our own icons for pages, cards, basically anywhere you have the option for an icon. It’s important for a multitude of reasons aside from ‘aesthetics’ but for those of us that would be utilizing the platform day-in-day-out it’s a nice way to have it be more on-brand with our aesthetic (like we can with Notion) and when it comes to sharing docs outside of our business.

Please post an update - It’s been a few years now that this has been requested it appears :slight_smile: Thank you so much!

7 Likes

Yes we need it. I want to have a customized dashboard even icons

2 Likes

Yes please, very much a needed feature!

1 Like

Hi! We need personalized icons or minimal 1 color icons at least. Please!

Agreed!

As far as I understand for every ‘page’ icon there is a flat version of the same icon that can be selected for buttons.

While we wait for the fully customizable icons, it would already be awesome to be able to choose these flat icons with colours for pages and subpages (like they do it in notion) . Maybe that’s a low hanging fruit for the Coda team and it would make the wait muuuch more bearable :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks all for giving us your feedback on this — I wanted to share that you can now add custom icons to your docs! You can learn more here.

2 Likes