Use Triggers to hit our own Rest API?

Is it possible for us to hit a restful endpoint of our own making upon triggers (automations)? Ideally I’d like to build a two-way communication between my Mongodb instance and Coda, but I’m not seeing how to do it.

Unless I’m mistaken, it seems things like Zapier and Integromat have access to some level of the API that the rest of us don’t. Is this planned to change at some point? I assume I share with many other users/devs of Coda in wanting to do this, rather than be required to pay for external third-party software.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Hi Tom, this may help you. It uses buttons but you can easily set an automation to push the buttons.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Triggers (or webhooks, another name for the same thing) are on the roadmap for the API, but we haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Actually, we don’t have a special API for Zapier or Integromat. I’m not sure about the latter, but Zapier works by periodically polling our API every X minutes for new rows. In the meantime, I would also like to recommend using buttons as @Dalmo_Mendonca suggested.

1 Like

Ah they were polling, got it. I’ll take a look at @Dalmo_Mendonca’s suggestion. Thanks!

Yes, you do. This is really important.

I use Slack as a real-time infrastructure for pushing data and events into RESTful services.

Hi guys, Any update on this? Is there a workaround?

This was launched a year or two back! No worksrounds needed

This at least is for inbound webhooks. If you’re looking for outboundc what type of events do you want to act as triggers?

You can use coda automations that look for these triggers, and then use custom packs to run the subsequent api calls upon trigger