Using Filters, and Sums together!

I’ve been having a look around at the previous questions with filter/sum/sumif and haven’t managed to find anything…

This is an example of the table I’m dealing with:

I’m trying to sum all of the Contributions for each assignment, and display it as the Grade for that class.

For example, for class “301” the grade would be equal to (24+16.71)

I’ve tried: Assignments.Contribution.Filter(Assignments.Paper = Class Code).Sum()

I guess a little subquestion: are we able to stack two ‘.functions()’ ?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts…

Do you have a link to a version of the document that you could share? I took a shot at answering, but made some assumptions.

I assumed the column Paper in the Assignment table was connected to the Class Code column of the Classes table. If that is the case, not sure if they were connected via format/formula or manually inputting the same data, but if it is the latter, I recommend connecting them with a Single Select formatted column or another method. Can help with that part if needed.

This is the formula and setup I used (note, I did a condensed version of your tables focusing on the data that seems most directly applicable to the step in question):

In this case, the formula looks to see if value in Paper equals the Class Code. If it does, it sums the value in the Contribution column. It looks like you were close, but may have put the Filter function one step ahead of where it is needed in the formula.

You can, depending on what you are trying to do. Let me know if any of this is unclear, and I will try to clarify.

Thank you so much!

That did the job :slight_smile:

Quinn.