What are the use cases for absolute row references?

To be clear, we’re talking about when you type @ and reference a specific row of a table right?

Ways I’ve used it:

• referencing specific people in a people table (sometimes I use a People table when I want more metadata than the native Person object provides, for example, keeping track of their slack user Id for notification mention purposes)
  • referencing specific variables in a table of configuration variables (bits of config like account ids for 3rd party pack services, or constants like how many rows of the table should display as a preview on the dashboard page)

Yeah I use these as frequently as almost ANY coda building block

Super helpful when you need to reference specific things within formulas. For example, I often hold Email Message templates inside of a table.

I will set the Display column to something like:

• Rejection Email
  • Approval Email

Then, when constructing my emails in a different table that will send to users, I can simply @ reference either email which is appropriate to send to the user, and then chain into the actual email body template.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.