Allow formulas inside codeblocks natively

I use code blocks in a slightly non-standard way to show data in an easy to read format. The mono based font is really easy on the eyes.

Something that is slightly time consuming is that if I want a formula inside a code block I have to first make it outside of the code block and then drag it inside.

Please please please could I just hit = and it starts writing a formula for me?

2 Likes

Hi @Harry_Roper :blush: !

I’m sorry but why not just select what you wrote on the canvas and then apply the code block formatting ? :blush:
That’s easier than drag n’ drop :blush:

Code Block Format

3 Likes

@Pch Thanks for the tip! I’ll be using this !

It’s still one extra step rather than just writing directly in the code block. I guess I want to move faster than having to drag → select code block. This is especially true for updating or editing exisiting UI.

1 Like

I understand :wink: … I just thought this could help :blush: .

There’s also a keyboard shortcut to trigger the code block formatting:

⌘ cmd + ⇧ shift + , on Mac I guess (:innocent:) …

So for Windows that would probably be ⌃ ctrl + ⇧ shift + ,

… but I never used it because it triggers something else in Chrome (from my side of the screen) instead of applying the format :woman_shrugging:

Edit: You would still need to select what you wrote before though :no_mouth: Thanks Paul ! :grin:

2 Likes

Works for me! Thanks for all the tips @Pch :black_heart: :black_heart: :black_heart:

1 Like

Actually no, Ctrl+Shift+, on my Windows machine toggles code block formatting for the line (paragraph) the cursor is in, no need to select anything. Just place the cursor, do the hotkey, press = and enter the formula, do the hotkey again.

TIL.

2 Likes

Thanks for testing this out and for the insight @Paul_Danyliuk :smile: … which, now that I think about what I wrote previously, not having to select anything makes perfect sense :woman_facepalming: :sweat_smile: