An updated copy/paste experience looking for beta testers

Sign me up! I’m ready.

Lloyd

Count me in! Thanks!!

@getraf @Tim_Engman @Warren_Baker @Lars_Rasmussen @Laina_Marcellin @Lennys_Santana @Bryan_deSilva @Lloyd_Montgomery @Naji_Makarem Your accounts have been enabled for the new copy/paste functionality. You will need to reload your documents to get the new behavior.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, when you paste you will see a notification pop up towards the middle-bottom of the screen, with a link for options. Please click on that to change the desired paste behavior. We are are working on making this UX better.

1 Like

I would love to help @Himanshu! :wave:

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Regards,
Arturo

Would love to be part of this if possible.

Count me in! I’d like to know more about how to preserve indents & spacing when I copy/paste documents over from StarOffice/LibreOffice.

I’d be happy to help test!

If not too late, I’d also love to beta the new copy/paste. I copy/paste a lot!

Hello @Himanshu
Nothing happens when I copy paste tables from one document to another. It simply paste the table, no pop up, nothing.

Count me in! Look forward to testing it.

Count me in, love playing with new features.

:raising_hand_woman:

Hello! I’d love to help with this feature, or any others.

I’ve actually been compiling notes for you.

Love this product, folks, great job!

Hello everyone

Update copy/paste experience should now be live for all of you. You will need to refresh the browser to get the updated experience.

Thanks
Himanshu

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve been really eager to get onto this feature as just spoke to support.

Could you please add me in for testing too! :slight_smile:

@anon61125179 - it is enabled for everyone now. Make sure you refresh your doc to get the update!

Preeyanka

I was looking at userstyles.org. I’m thinking now that I can write a CSS or import something and then get a DOM routine to talk to the CSS to do just this…? Welcome to any ideas y’all have.

I notice under the (+) button there’s no way to import ODTs, text files…

So I was looking at a direct copy & paste of text w/ paragraph indents on the first line going 0.04" in.

But the text, when copied over here, does not preserve the indents.

Can this be fixed with a combination of CSS, DOM (some kind of ecmascript maneuvering), and something else?

I’m getting a complete book on JavaScript in the mail in a week or two. Until then I’m trying to see what is possible.

I’m still learning how Coda works inside and out but maybe you all could run a controlled sandbox or container in Coda.io where lines of script code get executed for specific document tasks directly on the Website (this may be related to importing tasks from the sandbox into your document to call CSS functions, etc.?)

I see there’s an Embed -> File option. I’ll work with that in the meantime. Thanks,