If you’ve been using Coda for awhile, we hope you’ve seen the improvements to copy/paste! Personally, I’m really excited because I use copy/paste a lot to build docs out faster by “borrowing” content from old docs and gallery examples.
So what’s new?
- Pasting content across docs is much higher fidelity. As an example, we don’t lose buttons, column formats and formulas when you copy / paste across docs.
- Whenever you paste a range, we maintain relationships between all the copied items. If you copy a control and connected view, the pasted control and pasted view will be connected to each other!
- We give you options on what to paste:
- You get to select which rows to bring: the visible ones, all of the rows (including hidden rows) or none of them
- Inside the same doc, you can decide whether you want to paste everything as views or if you want to duplicate the range.
- Psst … We also added a duplicate section option. Right click a section name to use it. Would love to hear how this helps with your docs!
Some our favorite ways to use the updated copy/paste experience:
- Copying an example from a starter kit in the gallery into our docs
- Copying a favorite base table from a past project into a new one
- Creating section templates for team docs where everyone needs to contribute in the same format