Asynchronous update between tables

Hello Coda community,
I have a table that is a sync to a github repo with over 6000 items. The sync takes about 5-6 min, if there is not grouping in the table. This is reasonably acceptable. Let’s call it Github-Issues

I am processing the data from github based on different attribute and build another table with more organized data. Let’s call it Development-Overview.
Each column of the Development-View is a filter of Github-Issues, eg. number of open issues with a particular label or milestone, etc.

The problem is, as soon as I start syncing the Github-Issues table, the Development-Overview table starts updating itself, and the whole sync takes more than one hour.

Question: Is there anyway that all the tables that are referencing Github-Issues update themselves when the Github-Issues sync finishes?

In this way the sync finishes much faster and all the tables update themselves quickly.

Thanks!
Farzin

Closest thing to what you’re looking for would be an automation I think.

Could you have an automation running on a schedule that filters/counts Github-Issues, and then updates the relevant columns in Development-Overview?

Development-Overview would be out of date for the time between when the sync runs and when the automation runs - not sure based on your setup whether this would be a long time window, and whether or not you would be upset about it.

I’m trying to think of a way to actually trigger the automation upon sync completion, but not sure there would be anything.