Automation failed to run --- Unable to understand coda error

I currently have an automation set up which is set to run whenever the status of a row change, and send out an email to a point person. It worked at first, but now I’m getting an error every time I try to run it and I’m unable to figure out why that is.

This is the error I get.
_DEREF expects parameter input to be either a row from an unknown table or a list of rows from an unknown table, but found value (’’), which is a text value

Has anyone ran into this error before and been successful in troubleshooting it?

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 11.10.32 AM

Maybe there is something wrong with the formula: I see CONCAT which should be “concatenate​”?

Yep, should probably be Concatenate not CONCAT

Wow, that was it!

New to coda, but I probably spent an embarrassing amount of time trying to get this to work.

Thanks so much, @joost_mineur and @Connor_McCormick!

1 Like

It’s all good, that’s part of the process! Welcome to Coda

1 Like

Actually it looks like event with Concat changed to Concatenate I’m still getting this error :confused:

CONCATENATE("Hi ", thisRow.[Step 1 Result].[Textbank Point Person(s)].Name, ", this is just a friendly notification to let you know that the status of your ", thisRow.[Step 1 Result].[Textbank Name], " request has changed to ", thisRow.[Step 1 Result].Status, “.”), from: “SendDem Coda Bot”)

Try putting this formula directly into a new and see if that gives any more useful error information:
CONCATENATE("Hi ", thisRow.[Step 1 Result].[Textbank Point Person(s)].Name, ", this is just a friendly notification to let you know that the status of your ", thisRow.[Step 1 Result].[Textbank Name], " request has changed to ", thisRow.[Step 1 Result].Status, “.”)

was string middle missing marks: `CONCATENATE("Hi ", thisRow.[Step 1 Result].[Textbank Point
Person(s)].Name, ",

"this is just a friendly notification to let you know
that the status of your ",

thisRow.[Step 1 Result].[Textbank Name], "
request has changed to ", thisRow.[Step 1 Result].Status, “.”)`