View specific data that met a condition

Good afternoon,
I’m trying for the first time the Coda Automations, I’m not a developer so I make a simple use of it. I created an automation that send an email with the Google Pack if a condition is met.

• The condition is that there are less than 30 days left until an event.

• So the automation will send by email a simple string of text that say “Attention to this event:”, I’d like to list on the message body (by the formula insertion @) the Event Name that match this condition (true).

• I tried several ways (ThisRow, ContentValue, Concatenate) but couldn’t find the correct formula.

Probably not being a developer I done some syntax error, can anyone recommend me the formula to insert between the plain text? Thank you very much, surely it is a trivial thing for you, but while I managed to write the “IF” condition to calculate the remaining days, I was unable to create this simple data printout with the name of the Events (for the “THEN” action).

Hi Egidio,

If you include a copy of your doc, it will be much easier for people to assist you.

Regards
Piet

Hi Piet,
thank you for your suggestion, below are some screenshots:

Regards

Unfortunately no reply, maybe it is not possible to do it?
It’s the first time I post in this forum, can anyone provide this information?

Hey @Egidio_Di_Marco you need to find the rows that meet the condition first and then iterate through them.

Here’s what it looks like:

After your initial “PAY…” text hit the “=” sign which will pop up the formula window. You’ll enter this:

Events.Filter([Send this in Notification]=true).BulletedList()

The area in [Send this in Notification]=true part is what ever your condition is. You can format the events returned from the filter in anyway you want. I’ve just created a bulleted list but if you want to get crazy you can use the ForEach formula to iterate through each event and construct a custom event line text/links.

1 Like

Hi Ryan, thanks very mutch to reply.
I don’t know if I misunderstood, I wrote the condition in the “[Send this in Notification]=true” part.

The “true” condition is that date is after today and the remaining days are >= 30 days.

So I think the .BulletedList() should display just Event 2, what am I doing wrong?

You’re trying to put a filter within a filter which is why it’s not returning correctly. Your formula would be look like this:

Events.Filter(Data>=Today() AND Data<= Today()+30  ).BulletedList()

NOTE: I’ve flipped the >= Today()+30 to <= Today()+30.

1 Like

Great Ryan, thanks so much.
I didn’t notice the double filter, “I saw it as a path” :sweat_smile:
Now it works, it was nice to receive answers certainly banal for a developer but useful for a simple user. That’s a community

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.