Beta opportunity: Right row detail

This is something we are hoping to learn in Beta! Right now it will default to right & will be a sticky user preference. However, would be curious if there is a different behavior you would prefer.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! Excited for you to try it out in the coming weeks & see what’s working well and what can be improved :slight_smile:

1 Like

for dialog modals today, we can specify viewmode:“fullscreen” in the openrow() call.

please ensure there is a parameter for causing the dialog to open on the right.

max

(as a general rule, adding features to the UX and NOT enabling them from your scripting language is a huge wasted opportunity, imho.)

8 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! There is a parameter for right in the openrow() formula with this new feature:)

5 Likes

Thanks for all your interest in testing out this feature. We’ve been able to expand capacity a bit, so please sign up to participate if you’re interested. We look forward to hearing from you!

1 Like

Hi,

Just tried to sign up and the form states “This form is not currently accepting submissions.”

dP

How will we know if/when this beta is enabled for ourselves?

1 Like

finallyyyyyyyyyy! life changing, i built a custom side peak with buttons and views, it took 10 secs to load, yet can’t live without, ok now we’re talking!

1 Like

I will send an email when we’ve enabled it for our beta users! Look out for it in the next week or so :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great design decision, can’t wait to try it out. :heart_eyes:

Hi Teresa,

Did you already start the Beta test? I signed up after you first posted, but I haven’t heard anything yet.

Same here, I guess next week

Yes, you can expect an email from us next week confirming that your account has been given access. Thank you for signing up and for your patience as we get this enabled for all the sign-ups!

3 Likes

The beta has been enabled for my account. Looks and works great. Huge improvement!

I like the new feature (Beta enabled today), especially the possibility to have more variants (modal, side, fullscreen).

1 Like

Hi, @Tanvir_Kaur! I received an email that this feature is enabled for my account, but it’s not. Can you check it please?

1 Like

Hi @Andrei_Kharlanov-- thanks for flagging this! We’ve addressed what we think the issue is here and you should have access by tomorrow.

2 Likes

Hey Team,

Not sure if this is the right forum to provide feedback, but:

The side popout view is great and something i’ve been waiting on for a long while to further close the gap on anything notion can do that coda can’t do [better] (side note: simple tables ever coming soon so they don’t need to be a part of the doc map architecture?)

One point of feedback in the UI is the following. I’ve found that suggested changes and comments overlap text in a canvas type column. Screenshot below and another one from middle row view that shows how that is not an issue:

Hope this helps and there’s a solution coming!

All the best,
Alex

1 Like

Thank you so much for this feedback! Reviewing with our eng and design team and will keep you posted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who participated in the beta and shared your feedback with us! We’ve been able to make significant improvements to the experience throughout the beta period and have now launched right-hand row detail for all users. You can learn more here.

4 Likes