At Coda, we think of tables as relational databases. That means each row of data can really pack a punch as you mingle various kinds of data—like images, files, numbers, text, people, and more—in each row.
We decided it was time to upgrade your view when you expand a row or layout table information in a Detail view to honor the power of your structured data. Now, when you expand a row:
- Your display column will act as a heading in the expanded view
- If you have images in your table, the first image for each row will act as a full-bleed cover image
- You can also open your image settings to show images as “Slides” or in “Wide” mode
- Don’t have a header image for a row detail view? You can upload one just like you would with a page!
- You can customize column labels to show as “Small” or “Large” to make column labels look more like headings
- You can add columns directly from this view
- Input fields are more visible as light grey boxes, just like in Coda forms
Making rows of data more powerful means your tables can work even harder, so we’re always looking for new ways to optimize. Curious to see to see what we do next? Be sure to bookmark this page to register for our Block Party event on October 6th! Registration opens on Monday morning Pacific time.