Bug with AI Assistant not Recognizing Text Selections

The image below is a row view with only a canvas in it (other columns hidden). Aparently, the AI assistant don’t recognize the text selection inside a canvas in row view. The image is illustrative of the problem. Thanks!

Hey @Felipe_Griebel, any chance you can share the doc here so we can take a look? Feel free to also reach out directly to support@coda.io if you prefer.

Two observations:

1. This feature is “beta”. I assume the issue is with the chat feature in the right nav pane.
  2. It’s not clear to me what the problem is. Perhaps disclosing the steps you took to get there would be helpful. I can’t suss out what you think is wrong based on the image.

I see - you are expecting the chat assistant to see the highlighting inside the row/inside the canvas, right?

Just a hunch, but I suspect that since it’s possible to have 0 to n… selections in a data table, Coda AI’s chat assistant would not be able to understand which selection you might be asking about. Does it summarize all of them? Or just the one in view?