Can I build a custom personal task manager in Coda?

Hello!

It’s been years of searching for the perfect personal task manager that fits my workflow, but I still haven’t found one that ticks all the boxes. So I was wondering if Coda (or some other super customizable programmatic tool) can help me with that.

This is what I am looking for:

1. On my laptop (Windows), I prefer entering my tasks and subtasks in a hierarchical outline. Enter for next task, Tab for subtask, Shift-Tab for parent task. With multiple nested levels.

Examples: Dynalist, Workflowy, Taskade, MS Word, many other outliners and text editors.

1. I want to be able to use natural language processing (plus my own keywords/commands) to type in all the relevant data as fast as possible, and have Coda parse everything properly. Something along the lines:

“Dinner with @john @wendys tom 630p -1h” should be parsed as "Dinner with John Smith (from my Google Contacts) tomorrow at 6:30 pm at Wendy’s (location inserted) with a reminder 1 hour before the event.

Example: Todoist (somewhat).

1. Today’s view, where it shows tasks and subtasks with all parent tasks and/or tags mentioned. (Todoist won’t implement this feature).

Example: MyLifeOrganized.

1. Fast, responsive, customizable app for Android. I would like to be able to tweak how things look in the mobile app too (as much as possible). Also, it would be nice to have a “speech-to-task” thing via Google Assistant, or Samsung Bixby, or some other way. To press a physicall button, say “Task: Dinner with John Smith tomorrow at 6:30 pm at Wendy’s remind 1 hour before” and it creates a task with proper parameters and puts it into Inbox.

2. If the above is possible, what would be a ballpark price from Coda Experts to set it all up for me?

3. If not possible, could you please suggest other options? Notion? Airtable? Learn programming? ))

Thank you very much for your help!

Artem

Hi @Artem

It feels like it is possible to set strong parsing system to fit your needs, indeed. And I’m sure we could set something quite like you wish. You have to define proper rule and be sure to respect them for your system to work.

About display, coda allows to display data as we wish, and with the syste of button we can create something to mimic the best possible this feature.

I also have worked on a voice system to easily feed my database, please see this article : This blog post

Do not hesitate to reach by DM if you want to take this project any further

Quentin

1 Like

Hi @Quentin_Morel

Yes, I would like to discuss my project with you! I’ve sent you an e-mail. Please check.

Artem

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.