Can I have 1 canvas option with 2 layouts?

Hi, all. I’m super new to Coda and have been playing around with it for the past 2 days.

I purchased the Meeting Notes page from @Scott_Collier-Weir and am trying to customize it a bit. I’m not sure if I can share what I’ve got so I’ll do my best with screenshots. Please excuse my ignorance as I may call things by what they are not since I’m still super new.

The table on my page looks like this:

(Will continue in a reply to this post as I cannot insert multiple images into a single post)

When I click on the Open button under Customer Notes, I get taken to a screen (Layout?) where I can add data and have options to change layouts as seen here:

My goal is to have 2 different layouts based on the type of meeting I am attending. I’d like to have a layout for Customer Meetings and another for Team Meetings. I don’t want the Contoso Attendees field to show up when I am attending a Team Meeting.

I hope that makes sense.

Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

I have been playing around with Notion as well. The functionality I am trying to add can be seen here: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Hey @Juan_Quintana, welcome to the Community!

You can make two buttons that will open the same row with different layouts. You have to create a separate view, select a different layout for that view, and then use thisRow.OpenRow(ThatView) to open the row as if it were opened from that view.

Here’s the trick. The parts about URL manipulations are outdated — you can simply use .OpenRow() now:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.