Coda table as Power BI data source

hi,

as an intro, we r planning to develop apps using coda & wish to use ms power bi for the report dev.

previously, there was already a discussion on this as per link below:

Coda Table Use as a Power BI data source? - Ask the Community - Coda Maker Community

i wish to know the latest dev on this & if there isn’t, can anyone guide me to creating an api to link a coda dbase to power bi, pls?

tks & krgds,
nik

ps.

@Piet_Strydom

HI Nik,

I strictly focus on the no-code aspects of Coda, so am not going to be able to assist with this.

P

1 Like

Hey @Nik_A_Hafiz, welcome to the Community!

As far as I can see, Power BI can use a REST API as a datasource:

Unfortunately, Coda APIs for reading tabular data (i.e. the GET /rows endpont) returns a rather complicated schema that isn’t easily mappable to just a list of column->value dictionaries. So you either need an intermediary service to filter and convert the data, or implement a different way to retrieve data from docs.

For the former option you can code the server yourself, or you can use Make / Hookdeck / any other service that can transform and forward webhooks.

For the latter option, I actually have a pack in the works that will allow creating custom REST APIs directly out of your docs on top of the Webhook Authomations mechanism:

To be honest, I’m not developing it that actively these days — it’s on the to-do list but not the biggest priority, as it’s quite an effort for not a large demand. I’m open to getting this sponsored though: if anyone’s ready to pay for this to be expedited I could prioritize this.

P.S. Also you can just export to sheets with one of the packs for this, and use sheets as a datasource if Power BI allows that.

1 Like

many2 tks for replying @Piet_Strydom & @Paul_Danyliuk.

for info, i’m ‘itching’ to move to coda fr notion. this is 1 of the main issues tht probably m trying to iron out to make tht jump.

@Paul_Danyliuk
kindly advise what does the sponsorship entail/require.

tks again & krgds,
-nik

p.s.

for info - my previous inquiry rgdg notion to power bi connex in the weblink blw-

Solved: connecting notion database - Microsoft Fabric Community

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.