Coloring a Column

Just learning Coda. I would like to color a column to show people that it is for manual input. I can’t seem to find a way to color a column.

I did find a work around by setting 2 rules for the column, 1 to make the fields orange if they were blank and one to make the fields orange if they weren’t blank. This works, but seems a little cumbersome.

Am I missing something?

1 Like

Using conditional formatting I color manual input columns vs formulas the same way. It’s quite easy once you get used to it. And it’s quite flexible in the rules you can set.

No need to create two rules — just specify True() in your conditional format formula and select that one column to color. This will apply to all rows because, well, True() is always true :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes. true() is my default. However sometimes you want to set a entire row to a certain color if a criteria is met. For example if status = “Sold”, then make it a different color, etc…

Thanks Paul,

I will try that next time.

Thank you Paul I was doing this 2 rules stuff hahah
Rookie is growing, thanks to you :slight_smile:

How do you set a single entry instead of an entire column? For example. Just the single boxes marked go should turn green

If a checkbox is checked, it’s “true”, so you can use that in your conditional formatting equation.

Eng? = true

CloudApp

so simple, so brilliant. Thanks

2 Likes

Can you explain this in more detail? Such as the steps to color something sold vs something bought?

Thanks.