Column Type: Audio

Just a quick suggestion here. I would love to have a column type: audio.

With a bit of finesse I was able to get this:

Buuuuttttt that’s not pretty… So let me know how a custom-rendered version of an audio file might look and feel to everyone else.

PS - I tried doing this in GoogleDocs, GoogleSheets, and Notion, and all of them also fail at this. Time for Coda to shine!

Lloyd

13 Likes

Yeeeeees! I never thought of this, but as a sound designer, I would definitely need this to have guidelines when designing gameplay feedbacks etc…
So yes yes yes!
Btw @Lloyd_Montgomery do you know a good platform to share sound except soundcloud?
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @tomavatars,

I just using GoogleDrive since I am a GSuite user (team of 1). It is not in any way a “good” way to share audio.

I’m just learning German and got interested in combining words with their audio for increased learning.

Lloyd

1 Like

I would also like to have an easier way to add audio to the docs

From what I’ve tested, AirTable can do inline audio player within a table row. Notion can do inline audio within a page but not a table.

It would be nice if Coda would support audio better.

1 Like

I’d really need an audio format (for the usual types, mp3, mp4, wav, aiff) ; that plays easily, and shows intensity graphs as an option.

This would be brilliant.

Has there been any news on this?

2 Likes

+1 on this feature! One thing I use Coda for is taking notes on podcasts. A similar use would be uploading recorded lectures etc. It’s already very good when trying to embed YouTube videos. If we could have something as good as that but with uploaded audio files, it would be awesome.