Combining multiple tables into a master table (vs. breaking a master into smaller ones with queries)

I’m working on a multi-site content audit for a University and want to create a separate table for each site and then pull all of the data in to a master table so I can run reports against all of it. I’m thinking I’ll need some separate columns for different sites, but will have enough universal that a single table pulling data from the others will make sense. Is there a way to say Column1 retrieve *Column1 data from X, Y, and Z tables?

Hi @Shelley_Keith,
No that option is not there but you can create buttons in Table X, Y and Z that create rows in the Master table. Take a look at this example -

@mallika I stumbled across this while building something similar—great tip, by the way!

One issue I’ve run into is writing a formula or building the button in a way that it brings in new data added to Table X or Table Y to the Master Table without needing to delete the Master Table contents and press the button again.

Any tips?

What if you make a master table and make the others views of the master table, I stumbled across this post, I think is what you are trying to do. You just have to arrange your data in a slightly different way.

1 Like

Thanks for this. It’s an option but the overall idea is that edits should take place on the individual tables and a quick push of a button should update the overall master table.

I’m pretty close with the above method, just trying to figure out why the button I have for my master table doesn’t do anything when the individual tables change.

Dear @Kristofer_Udekwu,

A good method will be to share a dummy doc of your existing doc and try to explain you expected result.
I would say, almost 100% of the times you will get valuable input and or solutions.

This is also the way to avoid other community members guessing what could be the problem

Thanks—I’ll work on getting a version of this that doesn’t have company/private info so I can see where things are going wrong.