I’m presently using a SAAS employee scheduling software to schedule workers. However, my business process is different than most so I don’t use half of the features available inside the scheduling software.
I want to create a Coda app to replace the scheduling system so it will be more efficient, synced with other systems I use, and save a monthly bill.
My needs are:
- I work with freelancers and temporary workers.
- Some workers have flexible schedules. For example, a worker will commit to 20 hours a week but might schedule to work 10 hours one day, take 2 days off, and then work 5 hours the next 2 days, and then do 4 hours a day 5 days the following week.
- Some workers will have set hours they can self-schedule for. For example, I might post an announcement that I need two staff members to work an event the 2nd of next month from 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm. Then staff members can select the open slot(s) on a first come first serve basis.
The present system I use allows employees to bulk select the specific days and times they are available which makes it easy for them to schedule and the rest of my needs easier to implement. Here’s a link to a screenshot video of how they handle this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek2xow9bn19sf1z/RruDUIqWfl.mp4?dl=0
Right now, my challenge is trying to figure out a similarly simple and easy way for staff to enter their schedule availability.
So my questions are these:
- Can I do anything similar to the above video inside of Coda?
- Does anyone have any alternative suggestions to achieve what I want?