Creating a chronological notebook from a database

Hi there,

I have a table. Let’s keep it simple, and say it has columns for Date, Project and Notes.

I want to create an old fashioned log book from the entries in the table, one for each project.

So, I’d have my main table with each row a new entry. And then I’d have separate pages for each project, where the page grabs info from the table and presents it in a template as follows:

Date1:
Project1:
Author1:

Note1:

Date2:
Project2:
Author2:

Note2:

Date3
Project3:
Author3:

Note3:

Each time a new entry is created in the table, the entry will append to the bottom of the Project’s Log.

I’m sure this is possible, but I’m having a surprisingly hard time getting it to haopen.

Thanks!
Matt

Hey @Matthew_Shane!

This can be handled with a single formula.

I put together a simple demo for you that does what you’re looking for . . . the demo uses a project selector, but you can also remove the selector and just set the project name in the formula on each page.

You can make a copy and play with it.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Troy

2 Likes

Awesome, but your doc seems to have sharing off - I’ve requested permission. :slight_smile:

Fixed the document access!

Awesome Troy - that’s exactly what I’m looking for!
(and so simple :person_facepalming: - but you’ve taught me a few new basics re formulas, so thank you!)

A follow-up question if I can: I can see how you’ve used the formatting pack to bold/underline/header/etc. That’s great. What if I wanted to show chips, or select list items in their conditional formatting. Is that possible?

Thanks again!
Matt