Custom notificaitons as rows change

What I want - when a status changes.

• item a changes to Medium to Low - I want specific people to be notified with “Message (text)”

Employee A changes Item A status to Medium, than a notification is automatically sent saying this.

How do i formulate that?

Hey there @erik_andersson

Are you wanting the notification to be different per person who changes the row? Or the same notification for every person?

Coda can definitely handle some customized notification messages! If you give a little more context I can throw a quick example doc together with formulas.

1 Like

Scott,

If you look at the document above i kinda explain it. I want a specific message to notify a group of people when the status is changed. So if status goes from ordered to delivering, each person assigned would get notified stating Item A status has changed to High. I have all of the message and text set up. I just cant figure out how to write the formula so the notification message is just that row.

Hopefully this makes sense.

@Scott_Collier-Weir

Scott,

If you look at the document above i kinda explain it. I want a specific message to notify a group of people when the status is changed. So if status goes from ordered to delivering, each person assigned would get notified stating Item A status has changed to High. I have all of the message and text set up. I just cant figure out how to write the formula so the notification message is just that row.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Hi Erik!
You doc is not shared but I put together this quick doc showing how you could do things like this with an automation: