I had the same issue. It’s really because Coda still doesn’t play nice with European dates and numbers. I ended up making a simple import table on a subpage.
The first columns (L to R) are where I paste the raw data from my source. Then I added some additional columns which format dates from DD/MM/YYY to MM/DD/YYY using the formula below (which was posted by @Christiaan_Huizer in this thread: Need help creating a timestamp that doesn't change once entered like now() does - #4 by Christiaan_Huizer ):
and another column which converts European numbers (with a comma ) to US number (with a period) using the
Then add a button with RunActions:
- 1st action adds a row for every entry in the import table (using the custom columns as data sources)
- 2nd action deletes the row from import table afterwards
Additionally you might want to built in a check to determine if the data you are about to import already exists in the target table (checkbox column with a
It might take you 20 minutes to built or so, but it saves you a lot of time whenever you need to import data. The button action is executed smoothly and it cleans up after itself with the
DeleteRow action, so it’s always ready for a new batch.