[Enterprise] Coda is better with friends. Share your docs with synced groups

Coda is the doc for teams—so you should be able to share it simply, securely, and seamlessly with yours.

When your organization admin connects your account to your identity provider (IdP), you can share docs with whole groups for them to read, edit, provide feedback, and more at the touch of a button. This feature works with any IdP that supports SCIM, including Okta, Azure, and JumpCloud.

Here’s how the new sharing capabilities make collaboration even smoother:

• Manage members simply. You no longer need to manually onboard new members to docs (or delete those no longer involved). Once your admin syncs a group, it will continue to refresh on its own. By sharing folders and docs with the groups that use them most, group members are automatically granted access to the information they need.
  • Share seamlessly. Say goodbye to share limits, manually entering members, and copy-pasting bulky links. With just a few clicks, you can send full folders or individual docs to collaborators you want to hear from.
  • Secure your information. Sharing always respects the workplace and organization settings. You have full control over what is shared and to whom, so your network of contributors and thinkers can be as big or as small as you need.

ezgif.com-gif-maker
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1)

Organization admins can sync groups through your IdP under organization settings. To request setup, head to the members tab of your enterprise workspace and view the brand new Groups tab. There, you can select to notify your org admin.

15 Likes

It’s great that you’re doing so much for Enterprise. Have you removed the “Delete row everywhere” option in forms and given more granular delete control to Makers?

And when you have a kid (or a nephew in my case) who knows how to click on links. One day you go for a glass of water, he clicks on a card on uncle’s doc, then clicks on the link in the upper-left corner, it opens a universe of columns with supposedly hidden and secure data, and when you come back they tell you “uncle, I just changed some numbers here.” Oh, dam… this was supposed to be a hidden page.

3 Likes

Ooh very interesting. Can you explain an example or use case?

I’d love to! One of my favorite use cases is sharing a team hub or wiki with my team. I only need to share it once and I know that anytime someone joins my team, they’ll automatically be added to that team hub. They’ll see that priority doc on their first day of work and they’ll never be locked out of a doc that houses crucial information for their day-to-day!

Hey Joey, thanks for the question. Where are you seeing this show up?

Slightly related: we just launched a change last week that allows you to lock row deletion separate from other locking in docs – will that work in your use-case?

At the top of every form, the user can click on the 3-dot menu and then click “Delete row everywhere” and cause chaos.

This is super helpful, thanks Joey. A Coda form (using /form) might actually be more ideal than this row modal for your scenario. The form feature only allows inputs into the table, and thus doesn’t display the “Delete row everywhere” option.

We have another exciting update to sharing within Coda — Google workspace users can now sync and share docs with Google groups to make sharing and managing access faster and easier. This feature is available to all users across Coda’s free and paid tiers.

To share docs with Google groups,

• Click the Share button in a doc within your enterprise workspace. To share the doc with a Google group, you can either click on “Connect Google groups” on the banner that’s shown or start typing a Google group email address that you’d like to share the doc with and click on the “Invite Google group” button.
  • After completing the OAuth process, you should be able to share your Coda doc by simply typing the email address of the group you want to share the doc with.

Click here to learn more.

1 Like