Excel export as a button function

For the wishlist: a button function to export to excel. I think the option should include the table name(s) and for each table a list of columns (or optional all) and a custom filter. When multiple tables are exported each table export should go to it’s own sheet and the sheet name could be the table name.

I guess there should also be a way to specify the name and location of the excel workmap, but the default download location (in Windows) would be good enough for me.

This would make exports much easier than the current cut-and-past method and it could be done through automations. It would also allow for automating the export.

7 Likes

Hey @joost_mineur! If you’re still looking for something like this, my company made an integration for Coda that allows you to make a button to export Coda tables to Excel. The website is codaexport.com. It doesn’t quite have all the functionality you were mentioning, but maybe down the road we will add more features. Let me know what you think!

2 Likes

Hey @Courtney_Milligan1 ,
Thank you - I will give this a try.
Is this a commercial project or…?
Greetings, Joost

1 Like

Hey @joost_mineur ,
Yes, my company does software and no-code app development for clients. This is just a tool we decided to make because some of the projects we’ve worked on needed something like this and we figured we’d make it public so others can use it too!

4 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hey @joost_mineur ! Just wanted to see if you’ve had a chance to try the coda export tool and, if so, if you have any suggestions for it?

It would be cool if you can convert this to Office Scripts for Excel Online!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion @Hendrik_TnB ! I’m sure a lot of people would be interested in that. I’m planning on trying to turn this into a Coda Pack shortly, so once I do that, I will definitely look into adding that feature.

Have you come across Zapier yet? I saw that they have an integration for Coda with Excel online. It doesn’t allow you to export tables as far as I can tell, but you can sync tables.

Dear @Courtney_Milligan1 , thanks for the tips! Look forward to your Coda Pack too!

1 Like