Filter based on a control that is also a filter based on another control

Hello!

I have a list of devices with corresponding operating systems (devices have multiple entires- one for each OS supported). I also have a list of app versions that are supported on certain OSes on certain devices.

I have a control (multiple select) that has a list of devices (filter_device). I then made a control (mult select) of operating systems that filters based on the device selected (filter_OS). So if I choose iPhone for filter_device, only the iOS versions are listed in filter_OS.

I have a table with device, os, app version all listed. I am able to filter the table based on filter_device without any issue. The issue I am having is filtering a table based on filter_OS. I don’t think it likes that I am trying to filter on something that already is a filtering control.

Any ideas? I like the idea of filter_OS only showing the relevant OS versions, but then I cant use that control as a filter for my table, which I need.

@Catherine_Infantolino

I’ve built some complex filtering systems, so I’m confident that what you want is doable. If you want to share your doc or a mocked up sample doc, I’ll jump in and take a look at it.

Hi!

I need your email in order to give you access because of the permissions we have set up.

@Catherine_Infantolino

What formula are you using for this?

@Catherine_Infantolino

Let’s start with this:

The [OS] column Select list formula returns columns:
[all devices/OS].[Operating Systems]

The filter_OS returns rows:
filter([all devices/OS],Device.Contains(filter_device))

The table filter condition is trying to match columns to rows (apples to oranges):
Matches(OS, filter_OS)

Try changing the [OS] column Select list formula to:
[all devices/OS]

This should match rows to rows (apples to apples).

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to change anything.

So it is working now but it doesnt seem to recognize the data from my master tables as the same values in the drop down. I am manually fixing that now

This helped. Thanks!

1 Like