Filter created by to a summary table

Hi, I’m newbie on using Coda.

I wanted to create a summary table from the table below just to show the reviewer and count the total of document that they have override (based on the created by column)

The summary table that i planned to do is as below

I’ve tried using pull out unique list from the first table to the summary table but it shows like this. The reviewer list should be able to automatically add another reviewer depends on the first table created by column and avoid duplicate reviewer.

Really appreciate if someone could help me to solve this problem.

1 Like

Hello,

I can think of several possible solutions, but felt this may be the easiest:

The second table is a view of the first table. Basically they are the same table but presented differently (e.g. showing different columns or rows). To create a view of the first table, hit the plus button in the top left:

Hover over “Table”, and select your primary table (PDP) under the “INSERT VIEW OF”

For more information on views, check it out here: https://help.coda.io/getting-started/using-coda/creating-a-view

Next I added a column to the second table to count the number of reviews. Note, adding a column to a table that is a view of another adds the column to the primary table and all other views of the table, however, it will be hidden; more on that below.

This new column, Total Comment, has a formula to count the number of comments made by the reviewer. Here is the formula I used:

Count(PDP.Filter([Created By]=thisRow.[Created By]).[Created By])

Next, for the summary table (i.e. the “View of PDP” table) I used a filter. The filter was to only show unique rows; aka only show a row for each reviewer once. It was based on this thread.

PDP.Filter([Created By]=thisRow.[Created By]).First()=thisRow

Finally, the last step is hiding the columns you don’t need in your summary table.

EDITS: Clarity and Grammar

@Joseph_B - that is great - can you add one more solution to your doc -
Create a view and group by Created By. Collapse groups and hide all other columns -

Another genius solution proposed by @mallika

Unlike the above solution, no filter or formula is needed. You still create a view of the first table, but use the Group feature.

To Group the items as seen:

and choose Group column along left (do this on your view table).

Then you can collapse the Groups so that each row just has a name and the count of the number of rows/comments

2 Likes

Hi @Joseph_B. Wow your solution is much easier than i thought. Your step by step explanation is very helpful!
Thanks so much

1 Like