Hi guys, I am trying to get the Tracker table (within this check-in template) to filter for same Calendar Week as the Check-in’s Calendar Week when I create a Check-in.
The idea is that when I duplicate the Check-in it will automatically filter the Tracker table (graph and table) to that Calendar week so I can see the relevant data.
I hope this makes sense and is possible.
Please be mindful this is my personal fitness data collection doc lol (very early stages, I am moving from Notion where it all of my data is, this is just the past 2 weeks trialling the app UX and I love it lol)
@Youssef_Iskander Yes, it is definitely possible to filter the Tracker table in Coda to show only the data for the same Calendar Week as the Check-in’s Calendar Week. Here’s how you can set this up:
- First, make sure that both the Check-in table and the Tracker table have a column that displays the Calendar Week. If they don’t already have this column, you can create it by clicking on the “Add Column” button and selecting “Formula”. Then, use the formula “Calendar.Week([Date Column])” to extract the Calendar Week from the relevant date column.
- Next, in the Tracker table, add a filter to display only the data for the same Calendar Week as the Check-in’s Calendar Week. To do this, click on the “Add Filter” button and select the column that displays the Calendar Week for the Tracker table. Then, use the formula “[Check-in Table].Filter(CalendarWeek = thisRow.CalendarWeek)” to filter the Tracker table based on the Check-in’s Calendar Week.
- Save the filter and check to make sure that the Tracker table is displaying only the data for the same Calendar Week as the Check-in’s Calendar Week. You can test this by duplicating a Check-in and checking if the Tracker table updates accordingly.
By setting up this filter, you will be able to automatically see the relevant data for each Calendar Week in the Tracker table when you duplicate a Check-in.
I have tried this and did not work unfortunately, I think this is because the formula doesn’t take into account the specific Check-in’s Calendar Week in the filter. So at the moment the formula is telling it to filter Check-in Table for rows with the same Calendar Week as the rows in Tracker table’s Calendar Weeks.
What I need it to do is:
- Recognise the current Check-in Row’s Calendar Week it is in
- Filter Tracker Table to only rows with Calendar Week the same as the current Check-in row’s calendar week
I have managed to sort it out after some experimentation. Your formula did actually work but I had to make a relation to Tracker within Check-in and then add a formula to the Tracker relation column with your formula and that worked well.
I’m glad I was able to help you move towards a solution, We are all learning on this Coda path.
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.