Formulas for Individual Cells

Is there a way to create a formula for an individual cell in a Coda Table?

Gold | 24% | $

If my table has the asset name: gold
The percent of my investment funds that i want to allocate to it
then how can create the “$” column so that each row multiplies my “Total Investment Funds” (which is in another table) by the “%” column?

Each Asset name has a different correlating percentage so i cannot create one formula for the entire column.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s any way to program cells yet in Coda, unfortunately

You could do a workaround using the SwitchIf formula by specifying the RowID and column that you want to modify

SwitchIf(If rowID = x and column = y then expression, If rowID = a and column = b then expression, If rowID = c and column = d then expression, etc)

1 Like

Another question:

$ goal | $ actuality | $ exceeded or missed by
Example
$100 | $90 | -$10

how can i create a formula for my “$ exceeded or missed by” column so that it takes the “$ actuality” column and subtracts the “$ goal” from it?

I have tried the obvious: (Table Name.$actuality) - (Table Name.$goal)

but it did not work

Oh, well i fixed it by simply not including the name of the table before name of the column, which i find odd since that is how i would normally express them in a formula.
thanks so much anyway!

Would this not work?

thisRow.[%] * OtherTable.[Total Investment Funds].value

I’m having a hard time envisioning what your tables all look like without examples, but it sounds like you’re not really asking for per-cell formulas–it’s just that that’s one way of reaching your goal. But

1. Coda by design doesn’t care about “cells” and has no idea what cells are; Coda’s smallest unit is a row.
  2. Even if it did support individual cells, using them is more-often-than-not a symptom of unsustainable table design

There’s usually a more elegant solution to be had in table relations.

that did work! thanks so much! really appreciate it!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.